ZIM CATHOLIC COMMUNITY FLORIDA
As at end of August 2018, our membership is 40 families and 27 children. Of these families, 16 participate fully in the centre activities. Participation by the rest of the community members is not consistent.
- Good rapport with our Parish priest: We have good rapport with our Priest Fr Donald McLoughlin. We do a meet, greet and celebrate with him on his birthday and his anniversary (see him on our centre photo).
- Full participation in our parish ministries: Proclaimers of the word, Altar servers, Catechism teachers and marriage course facilitators. We are represented in guilds; Catholic Women’s League (CWL), Knights of Da Gama, Post Confirmation youth group and Choir. We have been given a slot to sing shona songs during mass after communion
- Participation in our parish fundraising activities: We raise R4000-00+ on the day of the Parish’s main fundraiser-The Food and Fun festival which is held on the last Sunday of August every year.
- Welfare and Charity work: We have adopted Sparrow village in Florida which is a Hospice for people living with HIV/AIDS and the Divine Mercy home for abandoned pregnant mothers. In winter we do a blanket drive during which we raise over 20 blankets for the poor and those who live in the streets. We do community bring and share get together twice a year and an end of year Christmas party.
- Liturgy: We organise a day of recollection at the centre. We meet on Tuesdays at church for prayer
MRS. JOSEPHINE MUDAMBURI
MR. ISHMAEL ATANASI
DR. EUNICE NYAMUPANGEDENGU
MR. TEDIUS MUDUNGWE